Melitastitches4fun's Blog


Metalforms, Part 1

Both my ANG chapters, Main Line and Keystone, are working on Metalforms by Jeff Kulick. I’m doing the copper on green colorway. 

The border is done except for the backstitch on the inside of the border which I’ll do after stitching the adjacent sections.

I adjusted the coiled cable by separating them by one thread in order to have the paired horizontal cables flow out of each coil symmetrically. My partial diagram is shown. This was a very interesting composite stitch.

P.S. Oops! Just noticed, I forgot to repeat St. Margaret Stitch (horizontal and vertical Gobelin stitches) on the right side of the spring stitches.

Advertisements

3 Comments so far
Leave a comment

Cool. Glad you’re doing this–will follow you with great interest. You forgot to say what the diagram is all about. Thanks.

Comment by brendasneedlepointstudioblog

I tried to explain in 3rd paragraph. The original design has no thread separating the spring stitches. So, the ribbon area extends below the spring stitches. Mine is symmetrical.

Comment by melitastitches4fun

Sorry, didn’t associate the line drawings to what you wrote. Think I see it now. Will be a fun project to follow on your blog.

Comment by brendasneedlepointstudioblog




Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s



%d bloggers like this: