Melitastitches4fun's Blog


Vase 4
June 29, 2010, 5:42 pm
Filed under: Vases

My last vase is a variation of my first 2 & is a “Pinsations” original design & stitch selection. I used a couple of chain stitch flowers to match the Pin. There are either French or Colonial Knots in the center of the 2 stitched flowers.

Advertisements


Vase 3
June 27, 2010, 12:14 pm
Filed under: Vases

This is also from my Vase series & is a “Pinsations” original design & stitch selection. As soon as I saw this Calla Lily pin, I knew I’d be doing the Arrow Amadeus stitch! As the vase was being stitched, it began to pucker or puff. I liked the effect & went with it by adding a small strip of bubble wrap to maintain an even effect. It adds to the roundness of the lines on the vase. It does seem, as I look at it hanging on my wall between 2 pictures, that I should have made the vase slightly smaller for the size of the pin/flowers. Otherwise, I really like this vase.

The background is the Ray stitch (a leaf stitch). The vase is done using straight stitches gradually climbing up & to the right with overdyed Waterlilies filled in with a white DMC Cotton Pearle #5 thread. Stitches are from The Needlepoint Book by  Jo Ippolito Christensen.



Vase 2
June 25, 2010, 8:15 pm
Filed under: Vases

This is also from my Vase series & is a “Pinsations” original design & stitch selection. I used a bone china pin as in the other vase. It is shorter & fatter. I used the same stitches & threads (just different colors). I used a fork with the outer tines bent back and the inner ones bent forward. It make a great stand!



Vase 1
June 23, 2010, 8:33 pm
Filed under: Vases

This is from my Vase series & is a “Pinsations” original design & stitch selection. I got the idea for the vase from looking at a clear glass vase of flowers because  I wanted something that would allow the stems to be seen.

This is the first time I put a pin on the piece & hadn’t yet had the idea that when you remove it a flower or something decorative would be seen. So, while the pin can be removed, worn, & replaced, it’s not a stand-alone piece. 

The leaves are various leaf stitches. The background is Split Gobelin. The stem is Stem Stitch. I just came up with the idea of weaving the threads back & forth. I worked it out on paper. The threads are DMC Cotton Perle # 3 and/ #5 and 1 thread of DMC Metallic for some sparkle. This was probably before I found the wider selection of threads at Fireside Stitchery.

Books used:

  • Stitch Sampler by Lucinda Ganderton
  • The Needlepoint Book by Jo Ippolito Christensen