Melitastitches4fun's Blog


Easter Egg Tree
April 2, 2010, 2:15 pm
Filed under: Easter Eggs

There are a dozen eggs made using DMC floss and Mill Hill Beads on perforated paper (all purchased at AC Moore) for my Easter egg tree (from the Lillian Vernon catalogue years ago).  These were done before any ANG classes.  I used regular graph paper to chart out the designs (which I still have & found in my pile). The tricky part was cutting each small egg exactly the same so that I could sew them back to back after I was done.  The front design did not match the back.  Now that I think about it, perhaps I could have stitched the beads first on one side & then on the second side.  It must be possible but that actually doesn’t sound easy either.  I didn’t do a whole bunch with beads but managed to gather a stash of them!

Advertisements