It’s got issues but it’s done! A bibliography suggests other beaded needle case patterns by Jennie Might and Amy Loh-Kuyser. But, you won’t see me trying this again.
It took several tries to get the cap started. By the time I was getting the hang of it, I figured out that I had forgotten to follow the pattern. I used too many blue beads and finished with a row of white ones.
Then, I took 2 tries to get the dozen rows to be close enough. Yes, I just wanted to be done with it. So, here’s the area that looks the worst (the cap is pointed towards the bottom right).
But, from another angle, it looks better. And, I am happy that I tried it. I certainly will appreciate and understand the efforts of others when I see theirs.
Filed under: Beaded Needle Case
My ANG Keystone Garden Chapter offered a “beginner” tubular/circular peyote project, a beaded needle case.
I am having some learning curve! I waited too long after the first meeting to continue on with the rows. So, I got a second lesson at our next meeting. Then, at the next meeting, got a third lesson on just the base. I didn’t get off to a good start (left on the picture below) but put it away and decided that I must have pulled everything too tight to start. So, I gave it another try as I can not give up on this! And, am so happy that it worked (right on the picture below).
And, it’s attached. That part was easy and rewarding to see that part finished. Today, I tackle the cap!