Melitastitches4fun's Blog


Metalforms, Part 1

Both my ANG chapters, Main Line and Keystone, are working on Metalforms by Jeff Kulick. I’m doing the copper on green colorway. 

The border is done except for the backstitch on the inside of the border which I’ll do after stitching the adjacent sections.

I adjusted the coiled cable by separating them by one thread in order to have the paired horizontal cables flow out of each coil symmetrically. My partial diagram is shown. This was a very interesting composite stitch.

P.S. Oops! Just noticed, I forgot to repeat St. Margaret Stitch (horizontal and vertical Gobelin stitches) on the right side of the spring stitches.

Advertisements


New Crescent River Finished 
November 19, 2017, 1:03 pm
Filed under: ANG Keystone Garden Chapter, Crescent River

Thanks to my ANG Keystone Garden Chapter who wanted to stitch this for a project,  I restitched it using different threads.

I can’t remember where I found this stitch for the grass but it worked well. The shades of green Watercolours Wasabi 271 provided most of the grass. The slightly dark grass is from Watercolours Guacamole 206. I wanted the shading to look like sun making certain areas lighter. I think I added too much grass. So, I may have the mat cover some of the right grass area.

And, the wild flowers are either Diamond Eyelet from Stitches by Effect by Suzanne Howden and Beth Robertson or Diamond Eyelet Variation from Plants & Animals by June McNight. To avoid a streaky effect from Watercolours Autumn Frost 143, I didn’t always complete each eyelet. Rather, I would start a second or third in order to get to a new color along the overdyed thread.

This one doesn’t have the threads showing under the crescents but it seems to lack the contrast that the first one had. I forgot to check the gray values of the threads. Others are still working on the project.



ANG Keystone Garden Chapter Mystery Project 
September 24, 2017, 2:05 pm
Filed under: ANG Keystone Garden Chapter, Mystery Project 2017

The Diamond Rhodes stitch and Diagonal Gobelin stitch worked up so quickly that I was done during our ANG Keystone Garden Chapter meeting this month. It’s a mystery project that we add to each month for a year. We’re almost done!!



ANG Keystone Garden Chapter Mystery Project 2017, Month 5
July 14, 2017, 10:34 am
Filed under: ANG Keystone Garden Chapter, Mystery Project 2017

This month’s installment of the ANG Keystone Garden Chapter’s mystery project added 2 rows of Diagonal Gobelin and corner Ray Stitches. Looking Good!

On Section 2, I moved the 1-2 and 3-4 stitch of the Ray Stitch away from the center hole so the thread doesn’t lay on top of the thread used for the Diagonal Gobelin from Section 1. For the rest of the Ray Stitch, I used the center hole as diagrammed. 

I’ll be curious to see what goes in the remaining diamond and triangular areas.



ANG Keystone Garden Chapter Mystery Project 2017, Months 3 and 4
June 27, 2017, 6:55 pm
Filed under: ANG Keystone Garden Chapter, Mystery Project 2017

All caught up with the current mystery project we are doing at my ANG Keystone Garden Chapter this year.

It is a lot of Plaited Upright Cross (Blue ribbons). And, compensating is always tough. So, I was glad the triangles around the center diamond were easy.

But, I recognize that this is a Tony Minieri design. I have seen it in NeedlePointers.  But, I won’t spoil the surprise and say what issue, name the design, or stitch ahead of the chapter.

ANG Keystone Mystery, MayJune



New Crescent River 
May 18, 2017, 10:10 pm
Filed under: ANG Keystone Garden Chapter, Crescent River, Melita's Designs

Some members of my ANG Keystone Garden Chapter wanted to stitch this for a project this year. So, I wrote up the directions and made up diagrams that they could follow. I am restitching it to see if I can improve it. 

Instead of using a blue Copic marker and clear Water n’ Ice for the water in the river, I switched to the  blue Water ‘n Ice (WT2). 

And, instead of Splendor and Pebbly Perle for the crescents,  I am using Shades of Africa Two Oceans, Au Ver a Soie, hand-dyed by Chameleon Threads. The packet has 5 wonderful shades of blue that blend smoothly. I stitched the water first with the crescents placed on top. The darker crescents are on the bottom this time and they are a little smaller this time. I made sure the threads are not showing through this time by using away knots for each crescent.  

Also, the overall design shape will be rectangular instead of square. 



Santa’s Row

Here’s Santa’s row – they are so cute together hanging in the hallway. The one on the left is my Santacicle by Janet Casey Ziegler from a class at my first ANG seminar.

Linda’s Snow Globe Santa by Janet Casey Ziegler is in the center.

Peg Dunayer’s Triangle Santa ornament from Needlepoint Now (Nov/Dec 2007) was finished through Nimble Needle and I absolutely love it! The sparkles just make it a little more special. My ANG Keystone Garden Chapter stitched as a project in 2014 and when I got it back I forgot to post it too – been slipping on my blog.

triangle-santa

Wishing one and all a happy holiday and a healthy New Year!!

santas-row